Returns & Exchanges
To be eligible for a return, the item must be in the same condition as it was received in. It must not have been worn, and be in the original packaging.
If the product has been worn, we will be unable to accept returns or exchanges for incorrect size selection. We are not responsible for personal injury resulting from the wear of our products and/or incorrect size selection.
Please note that all shipping fees are non-refundable.
Sample Sale Return Policy
Refunds to store credit or exchanges are accepted for purchases of discounted items. However, these procedures are only possible within 10 days following the reception of the order and the return costs are at the customer’s expense. Please reach out to our customer service for any requests concerning sale items. email@example.com
Regular priced items
- You can return your item and receive a refund to the original method of payment within 30 days following reception of order.
- Returns and exchanges are free of charge in Canada.
- For all international orders, returns and exchanges are at the customer’s expense.
Sample Sale & Archive Sale
- Sales are final.
- Canadian orders only: Store credit and exchanges are accepted for sample sale or archive sale purchases. However, these procedures are only accepted in the 10 days following the reception of the order and the return costs are at the customer’s expense.
Initiate a Canadian return
- Drop by one of our Canadian boutiques or pop-up stores and we’ll process the return free of charge. Click here for address and business hours.
- Once our team has approved your request (1-2 business days), you will receive the shipping label by email. Print the return label in the email attachment.
- Place the shoes in their original box. Ship the box in a bag. A repacking fee of $5 applies for significant damage to the shoe box or if the shoe box has been used as the shipping box.
- Affix the shipping label to the outside of the parcel.
- Bring the parcel to a Canada post service counter or post office during business hours
- Once the returned item has been received and inspected by our team, you will receive an email confirmation, and a refund will be issued via the original payment method.
How do I exchange an item?
Our inventory system does not process exchanges. If you wish to exchange an item you have purchased, follow the instructions above to make a return, and then place a new order for the replacement item immediately while it is still in stock.
Once we have received and inspected the returned item, our team will send a confirmation by email and a refund will be issued by the original payment method. If you have paid delivery costs for the original order, write to our team and we will be happy to offer you free delivery on your exchange.
How do I return an item in the United States?
How do I return an item purchased on Madewell?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive your prepaid return shipping label and your commercial invoices.
How do I return an international order?
To initiate an international return, please contact our team at email@example.com. From there, our team will assist you through the return procedure.
Can I return an online order in store, and/or vice versa?
Exchanges: Yes, no problem!
Returns: All online purchases can be returned at our Montreal or Toronto stores. However, in-store purchases can not be reimbursed online, as refunds can only be granted through original payment method. If you are unable to visit one of our stores, a store credit can be issued for a mail-in return.
Does the same policy apply to pre-ordered items?
Yes. You have 30 days from the date of reception of the item to issue a return or an exchange.
I bought an item and the price was reduced shortly after, can I get a price adjustment?
Yes, we will adjust the price on a product if the purchase was made within 14 days of purchase and the product is still in stock. To process your price adjustment, contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org within the 14-day period mentioned above.
I wore an item a few times, and then realized I got the wrong size. Can I return the item?
Unfortunately, the item can not be returned as it will exhibit signs of wear, as stipulated in our return policy. To be eligible for a return, an item must be in its original condition and packaging.